Diversity in American Higher Education: Toward a More Comprehensive Approach
Primary: Diversity in American Higher Education: Toward a More Comprehensive Approach.pdf - 38,682 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Diversity in American Higher Education: Toward a More Comprehensive Approach.pdf - 45,452 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Diversity in American Higher Education: Toward a More Comprehensive Approach.pdf - 36,746 KB/Sec
- Designing Transformative Multicultural Initiatives: Theoretical Foundations, Practical Applications, and Facilitator Considerations
- Creating Multicultural Change on Campus
- Privilege, Power, and Difference
- On Being Included: Racism and Diversity in Institutional Life
- How Colleges Work: The Cybernetics of Academic Organization and Leadership
- Designing for Learning: Creating Campus Environments for Student Success
- Student Engagement in Higher Education: Theoretical Perspectives and Practical Approaches for Diverse Populations
- Student Development in College: Theory, Research, and Practice
- Mission and Place: Strengthening Learning and Community through Campus Design (ACE/Praeger Series on Higher Education)
- Multicultural Competence in Student Affairs
Diversity has been a focus of higher education policy, law, and scholarship for decades, continually expanding to include not only race, ethnicity and gender, but also socioeconomic status, sexual and political orientation, and more. However, existing collections still tend to focus on a narrow definition of diversity in education, or in relation to singular topics like access to higher education, financial aid, and affirmative action. By contrast, Diversity in American Higher Education captures in one volume the wide range of critical issues that comprise the current discourse on diversity on the college campus in its broadest sense.
This edited collection explores:
- legal perspectives on diversity and affirmative action
- higher education's relationship to the deeper roots of K-12 equity and access
- policy, politics, and practice's effects on students, faculty, and staff.
Bringing together the leading experts on diversity in higher education scholarship, Diversity in American Higher Education redefines the agenda for diversity as we know it today.